With British game week coming up, why not try our Pheasant Satay recipe
2 Pheasant breasts – cut lengthwise into slices
1 tbsp Lime Juice
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tsp Sriracha or Chili Paste
Wooden Skewers (optional but soak for 15 minutes in water if using to prevent them catching on fire!)
1 cup chicken broth
5 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp fish sauce
2 tsp Sriracha
1 tsp ground ginger
2 cloves garlic – crushed
1 tbsp lime juice
(Serves 2 as a main or 4-6 as a starter)
- Place the lime juice, oil and Sriracha in a bowl and mix well before adding the pheasant – make sure each piece of pheasant is well covered in the marinade
- Leave to marinade while you make the sauce.
- Place all the ingredients for the sauce (except the lime juice) into a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Let the sauce simmer until it has thickened but remember to stir regularly.
- Once the sauce has thickened add the lime juice and set to one side.
- Going back to the marinated pheasant. If you are using skewers, place each piece on a skewer length ways and grill until cooked through – this won’t take long, approximately 5 minutes
- If you don’t have skewers, place the pheasant and the marinade in a frying pan and fry until cooked through (no need to add oil to fry as there should be enough in the marinade to stop it sticking!)