Flat iron steak open sandwich
We all love a sandwich, sarnie, bap! but here’s our ultimate steak version that you’ll love
- 1 x 170g flat iron steak
- Sour dough
- Closed cup mushrooms
- Cherry vine tomatoes
- Sweet mustard ketchup
- Un wrap the steaks and allow to come to room temperature,
- Take a ribbed pan or heavy frying pan and heat up.
- Season the meat well and place in the very hot pan, allowing to cook both sides. Take meat out and allow to rest.
- Add a knob of butter to the pan and cook the mushrooms and vine tomatoes, again seasoning well.
- Add these to the steaks to keep warm,
- cut the sour dough into a thick slice, drizzle both sides with olive oil, and place onto the hot pan, pressing down to soak up all those cooking I always like my sour dough slightly charred
- spread the mustard ketchup over the bread, pile the mushrooms and steak onto the bread and top with the tomatoes.
Warning this is extremely Moorish and you’ll need a napkin handy !!