- In a hot saucepan sear the diced lamb browning well. Then place in a casserole dish
- Add ¾ of diced potato, the sliced leek, and the onion and the stock, and place a tight-fitting lid on top then place inside the oven and cook for 1 hr.
- After the time is up add the remainder of the potatoes and the cabbage, replace the lid then cook for another 1hr.
- Adding the potatoes in two batches results in a naturally thickened stew.
- Stir gently and season well.
- As with all casseroles, leave to cool and enjoy the next day….it will taste even better.
List of Ingredients
2 tablespoons vegetable oil,
500g Diced lamb
1.5kg Potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 leek, cleaned and finely sliced
2 carrots, roughly chopped
1 1/2 pints dark beef stock
¼ of a cabbage, thinly sliced
Seasoning to taste