One-Pot Chicken and Chorizo
Perfect served with rice or quinoa!
8 JCFS chicken thighs – skinned and boned
50g Chorizo – roughly chopped
1 Onion – finely chopped
2 Cloves of garlic – crushed
1 Pepper – de-seeded and sliced (we used red but any colour or a mixture will work)
3 Sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley – separate the leaves from the stalks, finely chop both but keep the separately
1 tbsp Olive oil
1tbsp Smoked paprika
300ml Chicken stock
2 Lemons – 1 Juiced and zest kept aside and the other cut into wedges to serve
Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- On a medium heat, heat the olive oil in an ovenproof casserole dish then add the chorizo, pepper, onion, garlic, parley stalks, smoked paprika, garlic and onion and cook until they start to soften – it will need to be stirred regularly.
- Add the passata, stock and the zest and juice of 1 lemon.
- Now add the chicken, make sure it is nicely covered in the sauce then bring to a boil before reducing the heat to a simmer for a few minutes.
- Put the lid on and place in the pre-heated oven for an hour.
- Serve with the chopped parsley leaves, lemon wedges and rice or quinoa. Enjoy!
Serve with your rice or quinoa and enjoy!